Senior Editor, Digital- Health.com
- Monitor and pitch trending health news daily
- Edit and publish 3-6 articles per day (a mix of news and evergreen)
- Oversee the development of 1-2 new condition centers per week
- Work with internal sales lead to execute on sold campaigns and ensure that content is delivered to client satisfaction
- Work closely with internal SEO manager to identify and address content gaps in medical coverage
- Ideate and pitch story ideas for onsite, social media, and SEO that deliver on brand growth goals and initiatives
- Proven: You understand what kind of story will attract readers and how to keep their attention and trust-with the clips to prove it.
- Experienced: You have a handful of writers and at least a dozen experts in your trusted stable, you know what constitutes a reliable source, and you know how to interpret and distill a study
- Hyper-organized: You're able to oversee many moving parts and keep the trains running without being micromanaged. You love a spreadsheet as much as you love reading medical journals.
- Team player: You enjoy the process of collaboration and play well with others. Bonus points for a keen sense of humor.
- Driven: You care about delivering strong work and have a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Curious. You're always looking for story leads and are equally as receptive to professional feedback.
- Passionate about storytelling in all its forms. You're a voracious reader and consumer of content across diverse platforms and outlets.
- Tech-savvy: You know how to publish content in a CMS, ideally Drupal and Wordpress. You have experience working with social media. PhotoShop skills a major plus.
- 5+ years of editorial experience at a media company, with a focus on women's health and lifestyle
- Superior SEO knowledge and experience with content maintenance
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with key stakeholders across business units
- Experience with Google Analytics and various analytical and social media listening tools
- A familiarity with the Health brand and how Health.com's coverage compares to that of other women's health and wellness sites.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in journalism preferred
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
30-Edit and publish 3-6 articles per day (a mix of news and evergreen)
10- Oversee the development of 1-2 new condition centers per week
20- Work with internal sales lead to execute on sold campaigns and ensure that content is delivered to client satisfaction
30- Work closely with internal SEO manager to identify and address content gaps in medical coverage
10- Ideate and pitch story ideas for onsite, social media, and SEO that deliver on brand growth goals and initiatives
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees