Communications and Marketing Manager
- Full Time
Sefaria is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating the future of Torah in an open and participatory way. We are assembling a free, living library of Jewish texts and their interconnections, in Hebrew and in translation. With these digital texts, we can create new, interactive interfaces for Web and mobile, allowing more people to engage with the textual treasures of our tradition. We are creating a space for ancient conversations to continue in new ways, with new participants, new questions, and new layers of dialogue.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will take an active role in the research, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Sefaria’s digital marketing campaigns and initiatives, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Engagement Officer, the position will also oversee the measuring and reporting of the performance of digital marketing activity.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative go-getter with a strong creative drive and top-notch project management skills. Strong writing ability and problem-solving skills are a must. Candidates should be fluent in all social media as this role will manage the day-to-day posting as well as the development and implementation of Sefaria’s editorial calendar. This individual will work closely with all teams to develop communications to support strategic growth, including new product introductions, new and existing library content and user engagement.
The role includes generous medical coverage, dental and eye insurance, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending account benefits, retirement benefits, commuter benefits (New York only), generous PTO, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and employee assistance program. Salary is competitive. Sefaria has a presence in New York, Denver, Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, the Bay Area and Israel. Remote candidates will also be considered.
Qualifications & Required Skills
As this is a new position at Sefaria, the selected candidate will be a founding member of a growing team. We’re looking for an energetic thought partner who is excited to pitch big ideas and build them together. The position requires a candidate who:
Is incredibly organized and can manage a variety of projects with a wide range of deadlines. Can communicate effectively and act as a liaison between the internal team and a number of external vendors.
- Can manage Sefaria’s blog, email calendar and campaigns and implement a social media strategy across all major platforms. Able to manage both planned posts across a long-term editorial calendar as well as short-turn topical posts.
- Can write emails, blogs, social media posts and other copy for website and marketing materials.
- Can deliver metrics reports across social and engagement platforms and make recommendations for improvements.
- Has experience with Salesforce, NationBuilder or a similar CRM.
- Has knowledge (and love) of Jewish texts.
- Hebrew language skills a plus!
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in related positions.
- Track record of creating and implementing aggressive growth strategies in the for-profit or nonprofit sectors.
- Previous experience with SEO, digital strategy, online marketing (email, social media, web), content creation, list building, digital advertising, online fundraising.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Facebook advertising a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV to email@example.com with the subject line Communications and Marketing Manager. In your cover letter, we’d love to see your creativity on display--please tell us two things you’d change about our current social media, emails or website and how. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.