- Full Time
Salon.com seeks a full-time culture writer to join our editorial team.
We are looking for a culture/entertainment writer with experience writing compelling cultural analysis — both the quick take and the long view — plus reviews, interviews, and reported features. If you’re a passionate culture omnivore with a head, a heart and a point of view, let’s talk.
Our writers and editors are highly organized, detail- and deadline-oriented professionals who know how to collaborate and communicate effectively using digital tools. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of professional writing experience in a digital media environment and formal journalism training (classroom, newsroom, or both), with SEO knowledge, AP Style fluency and familiarity with a WordPress-based CMS.
This is a remote-working, full-time union (WGA-E) position with benefits.
Preference will be given to candidates with daily writing experience and a demonstrated ability to enterprise a beat, with a proven ability to work simultaneously on shorter daily stories and larger reported projects.
We are especially interested in hearing from culture/entertainment writers with a secondary expertise in food, health, science or digital trends. If you have digital audio or video experience, we’d like to hear about that too.
What we offer
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Fast-paced environment where serious efforts are noticed and are rewarded
- Company with lots of growth potential
- Outstanding benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, and decision-making skills with the ability to think creatively
- Strong entrepreneurial, organizational and time management skills
- Most PC based applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Browser-based office software (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Drive)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro)