In a rapidly evolving environment, book publishers face interesting and complex business challenges that require deep innovation and change. The Strategic Projects Group is looking for an experienced project manager with strong business analysis skills to deliver results on our most complex, mission-critical strategic projects for marketing, sales, technology, supply chain, and operations, spanning across multiple lines of our business.
The position will be responsible for the following:
* Facilitating the definition of project scope, goals, business requirements and deliverables
* Leading cross-functional teams from across the organization to initiate, plan, and execute complicated, multi-threaded projects to successful completion
* Managing roll out and communication plans, documenting best practices, and handoff to business-as-usual operational and business groups
* Planning and scheduling project timelines by building clear and detailed project plans
* Establishing and tracking the completion of key project deliverables such as design documents
* Providing ongoing communication and status updates to business sponsors and stakeholders
* Creating testing plans and providing oversight and support for quality assurance activities
* Creating project evaluations and assessment of results
The successful candidate will thrive in a self-directed and goal-oriented environment, be well spoken and innovative, and have a demonstrated ability to build business cases, solve complex problems, initiate, plan, and execute priorities to successful completion. The role requires leadership and end-to-end ownership, while credibly coordinating across teams and in communication with business stakeholders.
* 5+ years work experience, with 3+ years demonstrated success managing projects, cross-functional teams, programs, or products
* Innovative and strategic thinker, including a track record of complex and creative problem solving and comfort with technology
* Very strong analytical skills, including building business cases and constructing metrics to measure progress and success
* Solid business and data analysis skills and experience in writing business requirements and mapping processes
* Experience with key project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, Sharepoint, Jira, or other platforms
* Strong relationship management abilities in a matrixed environment, ability to effectively interact and influence at all levels of the organization,
* Ability to work independently and as part of a larger, cross-functional teamPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.