SheKnows.com: Health Editor
- Full Time
SheKnows.com: Health Editor
SHE Media is looking for an experienced editor to join our team in New York, overseeing all health and wellness coverage on SheKnows.com. This person will be responsible for writing and editing trending news, original features, service pieces and personal essays on topics ranging from mental, reproductive and children’s health to sex, fitness and nutrition.
This role requires a self-starter who can read and understand the latest medical study, interview a doctor on the signs of cervical cancer, and write a quick turnaround piece on why a celebrity talking about mental health matters. The ideal candidate should have a healthy roster of connections in the health and wellness space, experience supervising freelance writers, superb organizational and communication skills, and a passion for creating original, engaging content that resonates with our audience of moms and women in general.
- Own all aspects of the Health & Sex channels on SheKnows.com
- Write or assign and edit approximately 5-6 stories a day (a mix of scheduled features and timely news posts)
- Interview medical professionals, occasional celebrities, health influencers, patients, survivors, etc. with confidence, enthusiasm, empathy, and understanding of the topic
- Manage the Health calendar, budget, feature pitches and daily workflow
- Attend events and conduct in-person interviews on behalf of SheKnows
- Monitor traffic and strategize/pivot accordingly to meet aggressive performance goals
- Help drive the larger vision for the Health vertical and develop a strong voice and identity for the brand
- Collaborate with art/design, social, video, branded content and other departments
The Fine Print
- Min. 3-5 years’ experience producing high-performing, high-quality health & wellness content at a major publication
- The ability to react to trending news and a talent for developing unique story angles and headlines that are clicky, engaging, and tailored to our audience
- A deep understanding of digital strategy, analytics and SEO
- A network of exceptional writers and a strong roster of industry contacts
- Experience with developing the skills of contributors, including freelance writers and junior staff editors
- An ability to thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and work both independently and collaboratively
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale. SHE Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.