Associate Video Producer-Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Defining and demystifying what it means to live a healthy life.
Well+Good is your trusted advisor for navigating the ever expanding—and sometimes confusing—world of wellness. We define and demystify what it means to live a healthy life: breaking down both contemporary modalities and centuries-old traditions (yes, these can exist in harmony); calling—and—covering trends; and telling you what to skip altogether. Wherever you are on your own beautiful, busy, deliciously messy journey, Well+Good surfaces something real and applicable.
We are looking for an Associate Producer to help Well+Good and Livestrong from our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Associate Producer grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Senior Video Producer and Strategist
A typical day as an Associate Producer might include:
- Assisting Well+Good's video producers with all aspects of editorial video production, from pre-production to post-production, with a focus on helping to create engaging, audience-building YouTube series
- Seamlessly jumping into all stages of the production process
- Organizing paperwork and communicating with freelancers, accounting and legal to facilitate payment and/or signature of contracts
- Participate video ideation process, helping us conceive innovative, entertaining video concepts for the Well+Good brand
- Assisting with all aspects of pre-production, from scriptwriting to securing locations, to obtaining props
- Building Call Sheets for productions and maintaining daily production schedules.
- Collaborating with Producers to meet the changing needs of production and post-production within a fast-paced environment that has multiple projects active simultaneously
- Arranging production-related meetings and talent travel for shoots.
- Coordinating the creation of video briefs with Video Producers, talent, and recipe developers
- Assisting with post-production timeline management, and providing actionable feedback for editors
- Assisting with video editing when needed
- Ensuring both social and YouTube video cuts feel distinct and adhere to platform best practices
- Organizing and labeling footage, communicating with 3rd party production staff, and ensuring on-time delivery of all video-related assets
You’ll be successful if you have incredible attention to detail, you’re passionate about the health + wellness, and you love creating innovative and fun videos with a creative and collaborative team.
What You Have:
- Previous production experience with a strong interest in video, health, and wellness
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, Video Editing and Shooting skills are a plus
- Desire to pursue a career in digital media/media production
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to juggle/complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Capable of meeting daily and longer-term deadlines and working in a rapidly changing landscape
- Talent for anticipating needs
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information
- Excellent written and spoken verbal communications; professional telephone etiquette
- Adept at general administrative tasks like budgeting, data entry, and word processing (Must be proficient with google sheets, docs, and calendar).
- Attention to detail and a great attitude
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.