About Your Role
Verywell, the health and wellness vertical of Dotdash is seeking an editor to join our family of health and editorial enthusiasts. If you are a digitally-savvy teammate who is dialed into what’s happening in the overall health community and who understands the importance and role of content marketing in the online health space – then this is the role for you!
As a part of our spirited and collaborative team, you will work directly with our Editorial Director to improve editorial content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience, and interactions within our community and respond to the needs of our stakeholders.
About Your Contributions
- Work with the Editorial Director to help shape and define editorial strategy, increase audience, and drive user engagement
- Liaise with different departments to ensure editorial consistency across a variety of initiatives
- Review and copy edit newly created and existing content to ensure editorial best practices and brand positioning
- Strategically curate content as it pertains to content marketing requests
- Interact and communicate with a large team of freelance writers
- 3-5 years experience developing online editorial content and working with content management systems
- Must have experience with health content and understand specific nuances surrounding credibility
- Detail oriented and deadline focused with solid proofing skills, as well as a deep understanding of what works on the web
- Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs and performing cosmetic editorial surgery as needed, all the while keeping a pre-defined voice in mind
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.