Freelance Managing Editor
We’re obsessed with the quality of our blog and making sure each post provides our readers with all the information they need (rather than simply pumping out endless, low-quality blog posts). We’re truly invested in creating content that leaves our audience amazed by how helpful each blog post is.
The mission of the Managing Editor is to manage production and publishing of blog posts from start to finish on the GoSite blog. The Managing Editor will be responsible for upholding quality in all of our blog posts, ensuring that each post completely and thoroughly answers the questions our audience has.
The Managing Editor will primarily work with writers and content strategist in order to produce our blog content of guides, how-to articles, and other resources across a variety of topics related to small businesses, including:
- Payment processing
- Mobile payments
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Building a website
- Messaging/Live chat with customers
- Local search marketing
- Online Reviews
- Online booking and reservations
- Email marketing, and more.
GoSite creates simplified technology for the small businesses that drive America’s economy. Our software empowers small businesses to have everything they need in one place to digitally connect with their customers. Our cloud-based suite of mobile and web tools transforms the way our customers run their business, on the go and everywhere.
- 3+ years experience editing blog posts for online publications (anywhere from 800 - 3,000+ words per post)
- Ability to research and contribute ideas the team can write about
- Editing content such that it’s easy to read and informative
- Ability to quickly turn around editing assignments
- Experience with fact checking and checking sources
- Comfortable finding reputable sources of information
- Experience editing for small business topics (see list above) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with HubSpot is preferred
- Familiarity with SEO best practices is preferred
- Experience in working remotely preferred
- Edit up to 40 800 to 1,200-word posts per month (or some equivalent as some assignments will be longer “guides”) (note: we may bring on additional editors based on need as we scale production).
- Take assignments from Content Strategist and craft into assignments briefs
- Work closely with team of 3-5 freelance writers through publishing process,
- Provide feedback and coaching as well as propose content edits to writers for each blog post, as necessary
- Ensure each article is factually correct, free of spelling and grammar errors, optimized for SEO, and overall a helpful resource to the GoSite audience
- Complete publishing process on the HubSpot platform
- If selected, we’ll ask you to complete a paid trial consisting of editing single blog post.
This is a remote, freelance position. Our rates are $60 - $150 per hour, depending on experience.
Thanks for your interest! We’ll be in touch via email if I think we may be a good match to work together!
GoSite is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at GoSite are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.