Advertising Account Executive
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic Advertising Account Executive with experience selling magazine print and digital advertising as well as event sponsorships. He/She will be responsible for managing an existing account list while proactively developing new business. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years sales experience, preferably within the music industry. Syracuse, NY-based company that will entertain a remote office. Full time or contract position to sell national print and digital products. Clients include International Musician Magazine, Making Music, and Overture Magazine.
Responsibilities for Account Executive
• Manage existing account base and build a pipeline of new business to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas.
• Communicate the value of our properties through well executed presentations.
• Manage the entire sales cycle from new leads to closing a deal.
• Schedule and conduct phone calls and meetings with company decision-makers & ad agencies for assigned accounts.
• Prepare integrated media proposals to proactively win new business.
• Unearth new sales opportunities through prospecting, networking and account development, and turn them into long-term partnerships.
• Provide professional after-sales support to enhance customers’ dedication.
• Work with team to help share customer insights to shape our products.
• Attend industry trade shows as necessary.
Qualifications for Account Executive
• Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role.
• Knowledge of online & print advertising terms, sales process, and sales flow.
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; Google Docs, and Excel. Knowledge of CRM software (Magazine Manager, FileMaker) a plus.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships, strategize, and make recommendations based on client needs.
• Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective time management skills, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while working independently.
• Business acumen.
• Enthusiastic and passionate personality.
BS or BA in business administration, sales, or marketing.