Heavy, a leading news and information site, is looking to partner with ambitious, entrepreneurial freelance contributors to cover American politics, with a focus on the 2020 Democratic primary.
The ideal candidate will be an election junkie with a high-level understanding of the landscape, coupled with the ability to convey that understanding to a broad audience.
Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of the United States political landscape
- Ability to distill election-related data and present it to a broad audience
- Ability and desire to react rapidly to breaking news
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Ability to quickly navigate social media — especially Twitter — to spot breaking news
- Ability to produce clean and polished copy
Work autonomously and remotely. Compensation scales with performance. Send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Managing Editor Ben Doody with Politics contributor in the subject line.