Part Time Copy Editor I, AJC
3 days left
- Full Time
Edit content for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
• Review copy for accuracy, spelling, grammar, style, clarity, fairness, taste, bias, balance of perspectives and libel. Make corrections and revisions as needed.
• Work closely with content creators to address issues.
• Prioritize tasks and spend appropriate time on tasks with minimal supervision.
Write display type for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
• Write headlines to convey the most interesting and important aspects of each story.
• Write or rewrite photo captions that provide supplemental information.
Review copy for final publication in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, paying attention to bias and balance and other mistakes that harm our credibility.
• Proofread finished pages
• Verify jumps
• Verify stories end cleanly
• Verify barcodes, dates, price, etc.
• Verify publication dates for comics, puzzles, etc.
• Conduct a high-level design review, paying particular attention to scale, hierarchy and photos.
• Output pages and republish stories to digital as needed.
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
Yrs & Type of Experience: At least 10 years of experience as a copy editor, wire editor, page designer or other type of news content production editor.
Additional Requirements: Demonstrated ability to handle complicated, legally sensitive content that requires special care and judgment.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.