SHAPE.com Digital Photo Editor
Shape.com Photo Editor Job Description
Shape.com is searching for a Photo Editor to join the squad. Since this is a new role we’re testing out, the position is currently contracted. We’re hoping to find a person with an excellent eye for design, talent for photo research, a strong list of photographer contacts and a passion for the wellness and fitness fields. The Photo Editor will photo-edit daily, weekly, and monthly content for a variety of editorial initiatives, maintaining the cutting-edge feel of the brand. They should help the design team to build our brand aesthetic to remain a leader in the fitness and wellness space. They will also ensure a consistent style of photography appears on all digital platforms, including the site, social media, and newsletters. The ideal candidate will be nimble and adept at collaborating with others. They’ll also be skilled at coming up with unique and fresh ways to art a story. Excellent PhotoShop skills a must.
- Photo edit daily, weekly, and monthly stories. Perform image processing tasks such as silhouetting images, adding templated backdrops to product images, and resizing photographs for new templates.
- Organize digital-only shoots as needed, and potentially print shoots to take photographs for digital-only content.
- Collaborate closely with the editorial and video teams to conceive of new ways to produce visually compelling content.
- Tech-savvy: You know how to publish content in a CMS. You have excellent PhotoShop skills, as well as experience working with Instagram and Pinterest.
- Proven: When you hear a story concept, you see multiple ways to photograph or illustrate it. Whether you’re organizing a shoot or working with stock imagery, you know exactly how to make a piece shine.
- A multi-tasker: You’re prepared to photo edit daily stories, organize shoots, and manage longer term projects.
- Deadline-oriented: You’re used to managing multiple projects and deadlines – and finishing tasks on time.
- Passion for photography and a keen sense of what reads well on different digital platforms.
- Excellent taste. You’re experienced at making content on all digital platforms look unique and captivating.