Editor in Chief
- Full Time
The Jewish Telegraphic Agency is looking to hire a razor-sharp editor in chief with digital savvy and creative vision to lead our news team into the future. For more than a century, JTA has been the definitive global source of news and analysis on issues of Jewish interest. We are now digital only and reach nearly 1 million people a month directly through our website plus millions of additional readers through our syndication network of 70+ clients in the Jewish and Israeli press around the world.
We’re looking for an editor who is eager to shape our news coverage and guide our team of global correspondents. We are reshaping our brand and this position needs someone full of enthusiasm and drive — and with the organizational skills and follow-through to translate smart ideas into smart, incisive content.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding editor, have experience managing a news team, and have a commitment to the highest level of independent journalism.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee editorial strategy for our global news brand
- Manage staff editors, writers, and our network of correspondents
- Hands-on editing and overseeing the day-to-day operations
- Work collaboratively with team members across 70 Faces Media to broaden the reach of JTA’s brand
- Uphold editorial standards, including commitment to unbiased news reporting and diverse opinion
What You Have:
- 10+ years of editorial experience in digital media
- Proven track record in leading digital journalism teams
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in global Jewish news and culture
- A collaborative spirit and enthusiasm for innovation
- An ability to ask tough questions
- Excellent news judgment
The Jewish Telegraphic Agency is the definitive, trusted global source of breaking news and analysis on issues of Jewish interest and concern. As a newswire service, we have more than 70 syndication clients across the world. Our reporting reflects the wide spectrum of religious, political and cultural identity within the Jewish community. JTA’s parent company, 70 Faces Media, is the largest and most diverse Jewish media company in North America. Our other properties include Alma, Kveller, The Nosher, and My Jewish Learning and collectively reach 3 million+ users a month.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to email@example.com and put “Editor in Chief” in the subject line.