We have a career opportunity for a junior developer within our ebook development team. This team within the corporate Penguin Random House Ebook Development and Operations Group is focused on improving internal ebook production tools, enhancing third party tools, and providing support for these processes and tools in a Mac environment. The junior developer will be expected to assist with all aspects of the ebook development team responsibilities, however relative weight of these job functions will depend on candidate experience and department needs.
- Use Python to maintain existing code and develop new features (with Jira and Git)
- 1st and 2nd level technical support of ebook production tools
- Perform workflow and software testing
- Create process and technical documentation
- Assist with internal ebook standards development
- At least 1 year of experience in Python in a professional environment (preferred, candidates with experience in other languages will be considered)
And experience in at least three of the following:
- Software development in a team environment using version control (Git preferred) and issue/bug tracking (Jira preferred)
- Software testing practices
- Programing in a Mac environment (including the use of AppleScript)
- Automating Adobe InDesign using ExtendScript
- Providing 1st level technical support
- Knowledge of ebook production or print book design and production
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.