Digital Operations Manager
- Full Time
The Digital Operations Manager will manage the processes, protocols, and systems for distribution of ebooks and metadata into the digital supply chain for Hachette Book Group. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: ONIX, XML, EPUB, or ebook distribution or production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate HBG’s global Digital Asset Distribution system and coordinate system improvements with the IT Department and Hachette international sister companies.
- Manage Digital Asset Distribution system configuration settings to deliver metadata and ebooks to supply chain recipients.
- Track and measure system performance and monitor supply chain availability.
- Perform user acceptance testing of system enhancements and upgrades.
- Manage digital operations process documentation.
- Oversee metadata and asset error reporting with internal teams to reconcile delivery errors.
- Onboard new account partners and serve as operations point of contact.
- Act as primary point of contact for publishing divisions and Hachette international sister companies and respond to inquiries.
- Administer distribution protocols for new publishing ventures.
- Work with technical team to normalize ONIX metadata issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3+ years working in a data driven production environment.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft suite (in particular Excel). Experience with JIRA desirable.
- Experience with ONIX, XML, EPUB, and other ebook related data formats.
- Experience with book publishing related to ebook creation.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).