Marketing & PR Specialist
- Full Time
Marketing and PR Specialist
In 1963, Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche created one of the most iconic design objects in contemporary history: the Porsche 911. Following his vision to take the principles and myth of Porsche beyond the automotive world, he created the exclusive lifestyle brand Porsche Design in 1972. His philosophy and design language can still be seen in all Porsche Design products today. Every Porsche Design product stands for extraordinary precision and perfection, boasts a high level of technological innovation and seamlessly combines intelligent functionality and puristic design. Created by Studio F. A. Porsche in Austria, Porsche Design products, including men’s fashion and sportswear, accessories, eyewear, timepieces, electronics, luggage, among others, are sold worldwide in over 130 Porsche Design stores, high-end department stores, exclusive specialist retailers and the official online store (www.porsche-design.us).
To support our continued growth and development, the Marketing & PR Specialist will plan and execute PR, Social Media and Marketing programs for the Porsche Design brand and its premium lifestyle products in North America.
This position requires the ability to interact with members of the press, executives, vendors, and the Marketing & PR teams at Porsche Cars North America and the German-based Porsche Design HQ, and to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in a fast paced environment. This position reports to the Head of Marketing & PR, with a focus on product and corporate communications in lifestyle, automotive and business media, executive positioning, non-paid product placement in film/TV, influencer relations and social media. The Marketing & PR Specialist will also assist the Head of Marketing & PR with the implementation of the global marketing strategy in North America and support the execution of marketing campaigns, including brand initiatives, retail marketing and event marketing.
Adapt Porsche Design’s global PR strategy to the North American market and execute all national PR activities and events. Establish and maintain relationships with key media, stylists, and influencers to increase brand exposure. Ensure the effective delivery of brand messages to ensure both quantity and quality of brand coverage.
- Knowledge of and an interest in emerging editorial online trends, including social media, blogging/influencer communities, and the generation of branded content for online audiences.
- Support with the execution of marketing plans around key product launches and seasonal initiatives that reflect Porsche Design’s core brand attributes with the ultimate goal to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
Skills, Experience & Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Business; Master’s degree, a plus
- 3-5 years of PR, Marketing and Social Media experience in the luxury goods, automotive or entertainment industry
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Extensive network of relevant press and influencer contacts (lifestyle, automotive, business, timepieces)
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and social media analytics
- Experience with PR & Social Media tools (e.g. Burelles Luce, PR Newswire, Meltwater, Prime Research) and strong computer/MS Office skills
- Excellent time management skills, proven ability to multi-task and to cope well under pressure
- A positive self-starter and strategic thinker with a proactive can do attitude who enjoys working at a fast-pace
- Strong interpersonal skills – flexible, energetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, highly motivated – and team player who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Interest in and familiarity with pop culture
- Proficiency in a foreign language, particularly German or Spanish, is desirable but not required