Inspired by a GalleyCat post about the best gift you can give a writer, author and illustrator Debbie Ridpath Ohi drew a Will Write for Chocolate cartoon (embedded above) illustrating our simple gift idea.
Give the writer in your life some extra time to write: “There are countless ways to give the writer in your life some extra time: let them borrow your office on the weekends; buy them a stay in a nearby bed and breakfast; promise to babysit on a weekday evening; purchase a mountain of gift certificates to your local coffee shop; volunteer to do their household chores for a day; buy them a spot in a weekend retreat; in short, do anything it takes to help your writer find a few consecutive hours of peace and quiet to write. They will never forget that gift.”
If you want other meaningful gifts for writers, follow these links…
3. Give an app that will convert your handwriting into digital text.
- Ingrid Sundberg Creates a 'Color Thesaurus' For Writers
- FilmNation Entertainment to Adapt 'The Undertaking of Lily Chen' Into a Chinese-Language Movie
- SelfMadeHero Publishes a Graphic Novel Adaptation of 'The Man Who Laughs'
- First Second Books to Publish a Pénélope Bagieu Graphic Novel in English