The Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige leads the Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 3, 2014
1. The Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige: “All three books of the NY Times Bestselling Fixed Trilogy are included in this bundle.”
2. Broken Dreams by Kelly Elliott: “Courtney Will always dreamed of finding her Prince Charming and living happily ever after, like in the fairy tales she read as a child. Her dreams were shattered one fateful night when her prince turned out to be her worst nightmare. Burying herself in her job as an editor, Courtney tried to forget her past, and she lost hope of ever finding true love.”
3. The Proposition 3: The Ferro Family by H.M. Ward: “An engagement is the farthest thing from my mind, but as Neil holds up the ring I glance around and notice someone is missing. Maggie. The man had the audacity to invite everyone else except my best friend. Where is she? When I go to find out, I don’t like what I discover. Once, I’d thought I was different from the Ferros and the Campones, but when it comes down to it–I’m exactly the same.”
4. Dominic (Slater Brothers) by L.A. Casey: “After a car accident killed her parents when she was a child, Bronagh Murphy chose to box herself off from people in an effort to keep herself from future hurt. If she doesn’t befriend people, talk to them or acknowledge them in any way they leave her alone just like she wants. When Dominic Slater enters her life, ignoring him is all she has to do to get his attention. Dominic is used to attention, and when he and his brothers move to Dublin, Ireland for family business, he gets nothing but attention. Attention from everyone except the beautiful brunette with a sharp tongue.”
5. Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers) by Lili Saint Germain: “My father taught me the importance of an eye for an eye—a cardinal rule, ingrained in every club member. A life for a life. Seven lives in payment for an unimaginable list of sins. People might wonder why I’m doing this. If this vengeance is borne from some noble cause, that I’m trying to prevent others from suffering at the hands of Dornan Ross and his sons.”
6. After the Ex Games by J.S. Cooper: “Can love exist when secrets are revealed and promises are broken? When Brandon Hastings and Greyson Twining started the private club, they never knew just how much it was going to change their lives. Power, greed, sex, and money filled their brains, but love never touched them.”
7. Sexy and Funny, Hilarious Erotic Romance Bundle by Mimi Strong: “This wildly adventurous and very sexy anthology contains a mix of short stories and full-length novels by bestselling author Mimi Strong.”
8. Mystery Spring Fling: 10 Romantic Mystery Novels: “10 romantic cozy mystery novels by New York Times, USA Today, and National Bestselling authors! Mystery, murder, laughs, romance, and tons of fun! ALL proceeds from the sale of this collection will be donated to one local library.”
9. Gabriella (A Regency Romance) by Brenda Hiatt: “Due to a lost wager, the Duke of Ravenham is obliged to bring a pretty little nobody from the country into fashion among the high-sticklers of London Society. Ravenham would never refuse a debt of honor, no matter how unorthodox, so he overlooks Miss Gordon’s vulgar relations to do what is necessary, escorting the unsophisticated chit to balls, etc. But what he expects to be an irksome duty turns out to be something quite different as he falls under the spell of his protege’s innocent charm. When he lost that wager, he definitely never counted on losing his heart as well!”
10. Reasonable Doubt by Whitney Gracia Williams: “My cock has an appetite. A huge and very particular appetite: Blonde, curvy, and preferably not a fucking liar…(Although, that’s a story for another day.) As a high profile lawyer, I don’t have time to waste on relationships, so I fulfill my needs by anonymously chatting and sleeping with women I meet online. My rules are simple: One dinner. One night. No repeats.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 2, 2013