ABOUT Your Role:
About.com is seeking a temporary, remote content manager to support the team as we launch a new travel site. If you are a digitally savvy content enthusiast who is eager to drive the ongoing evolution and growth of one of the biggest content sites on the web – then this is the role for you. As a Content Manager, you will work directly with the Editorial Director to improve content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
● Write and edit taxonomy descriptions, headlines, and on-site copy for launch
● Curate and promote our best content via daily email newsletters, social media, and on-site placement
● Edit and produce 5+ articles per week
● Edit, update, and fact-check outdated content
● Improve and replace images across the site
● Program channel landing pages and recirculation units with goal of driving page views and engagement
● Use data to identify new opportunities for the travel site, including editorial gaps, UX features, and content partnerships
● 2-3 years experience developing and curating digital content for web, email and social environments against business goals. Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools and experience using data and revenue goals to inform and develop digital strategy
● Deep passion for and knowledge of editorial and content. Consistently up to date with industry trends related to travel content; able to identify topics of interest to a wide audience.
● Detail oriented and deadline focused with solid proofing skills. Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire, The Spruce and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.