- Fox Business reporter Sandra Smith filled in as co-host of FNC’s “America’s News Headquarters” this afternoon, the first show since Alisyn Camerota departed last week. No word yet on a permanent replacement co-host to join Bill Hemmer from 1-2pmET.
- The new FiveThirtyEight launched today via ESPN with a 3,500-word manifesto from founder Nate Silver, who rose to prominence as a political-data guru ahead of the 2008 election. The site will cover politics, economics, science, life, and sports. Silver writes: “It’s time for us to start making the news a little nerdier.”
- ABC has the Oscars, NBC has the Golden Globes, now Pivot will be the broadcast home for the Peabody Awards. This year’s honorees for meritorious service by broadcasters, cable and Webcasters will be announced April 2 with the ceremony held May 19. Pivot will blend highlights from the ceremony with interviews with award recipients, airing at a later date.
- The Morning Ticker: Just Move, Roberts Threat, 'The' Palin
- The Ticker: CNN's Simulcast, Bolton's Audience, Tower's Retirement
- The Morning Ticker: Playing Peter, Signing Erin, Hiring Fusion
- The Digital Ticker: CNBC/Apple TV, CNNPolitics.com, '30 in 30'