Campbell Mithun, GSD&M Launch #LoveThatChicken Social Media Promo for Popeyes — Prepare for Bad Singing
Campbell Mithun, digital AOR for Popeyes, has just launched the online portion of the #LoveThatChicken campaign to promote the chain’s “Love that Chicken Month” promotion that includes a 2-piece chicken and biscuit for $2.99 offer. The #LoveThatChicken campaign (GSD&M is traditional AOR and handled the intro video above) invites users to upload video of themselves singing the “Love that chicken from Popeyes” jingle with the tag #LoveThatChicken and post the URL to the Popeyes site for a chance to win $1,000. Visitors to the site can pick and choose uploaded videos to play at the same time, ostensibly to create a chorus of “perfect harmony” — although we’re not sure the Popeyes fans live up to that description.
Winners will be chosen from each social video channel — Vine, Instagram and YouTube. In addition to the $1,000 first prize, second place will receive a Bluetooth speaker or a Popeyes T-shirt and third place will receive a $25 gift card. It’s a clever social media campaign, even if it’s not so easy on the ears.
Chief Creative Officer: Heath Rudduck
· Associate Creative Director: Clinton Lugert
· Copywriter: Paul Brink
· UX: Dan Bayne
· Account Leadership: Zach Miller
· Integrated Producer: Mim Epstein
· Project Management: Mindy Lipetzky
- Cornett IMS Crafts World's Longest Hashtag for A&W
- Wongdoody, Seattle Film Festival Give You Roles in Your Favorite Flicks
- Lowe Roche Creates Installation for The Missing Children's Network
- McCann Launches 'Gator Golf' for Zurich Insurance