Campbell Mithun, GSD&M Launch #LoveThatChicken Social Media Promo for Popeyes — Prepare for Bad Singing
Campbell Mithun, digital AOR for Popeyes, has just launched the online portion of the #LoveThatChicken campaign to promote the chain’s “Love that Chicken Month” promotion that includes a 2-piece chicken and biscuit for $2.99 offer. The #LoveThatChicken campaign (GSD&M is traditional AOR and handled the intro video above) invites users to upload video of themselves singing the “Love that chicken from Popeyes” jingle with the tag #LoveThatChicken and post the URL to the Popeyes site for a chance to win $1,000. Visitors to the site can pick and choose uploaded videos to play at the same time, ostensibly to create a chorus of “perfect harmony” — although we’re not sure the Popeyes fans live up to that description.
Winners will be chosen from each social video channel — Vine, Instagram and YouTube. In addition to the $1,000 first prize, second place will receive a Bluetooth speaker or a Popeyes T-shirt and third place will receive a $25 gift card. It’s a clever social media campaign, even if it’s not so easy on the ears.
Chief Creative Officer: Heath Rudduck
· Associate Creative Director: Clinton Lugert
· Copywriter: Paul Brink
· UX: Dan Bayne
· Account Leadership: Zach Miller
· Integrated Producer: Mim Epstein
· Project Management: Mindy Lipetzky
- CP+B Warns Parents on Behalf of Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Jude Law Stars in Anomaly's Lengthy 'The Gentleman's Wager' for Johnnie Walker
- W+K Portland Declares Kevin Durant 'The Baddest' for Nike
- Leo Burnett Tugs on Heartstrings for Ronald McDonald House