You know it’s seriously cold outside when much of the power lunch crowd won’t even get into their town cars for the ride to Michael’s. Come on, the holidays are over and it’s time to get out there and network! Luckily, a smattering of the regulars trickled into the dining room today determined to start the year off right. Overheard at one table: “2012 has got to be a better year than 2011. Things are finally settling down and there is money out there.” Can we get that in writing?
I was thrilled to finally have the chance to catch up with my friend, Cindy Lewis. (There’s no picture in today’s column, because Cindy was feeling camera shy) We made our lunch date last month when she was seated directly across from me in this very dining room as she hosted a holiday luncheon for her firstcomesfashion.com colleagues Judy Licht, Nancy Hodin and Robert Verdi. Our paths have crossed many times during Cindy’s stellar 13-year career at Hearst where she was publisher of Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar and Shop Etc., as well as president of Latina Media Ventures. These days, Cindy is consulting under the moniker CLR which she says stands for “creative lucrative relationships.”
Besides being one of the most respected women in the media biz, Cindy is a tireless champion of synergistic partnerships and specializes in bringing people and companies together. “I’m building a portfolio of clients where I can create opportunities for them to work together, as well as helping them to forge relationships by developing long-term projects for them,” she told me. She currently has five clients that are keeping her busier than ever: firstcomesfashion.com, the premiere site for live streaming of international fashion shows and comprehensive video fashion coverage; The Daily Front Row, the must-read dishy glossy and website for stylistas; Bergdorf Goodman Magazine; and Julliard. She’s also working with Million Air (Love the name!),which offers luxury private aviation services in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean for private and corporate jet owners whose average net worth is $5.3 million.
“My clients all have one thing in common, ” says Cindy. “Their audiences are affluent, influential and fashion forward, and I’m the point person for reaching this affluent, influential audience.”
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
3. Laurie Tisch
4. IMP Media Management CEO Marty Pompadur
11. Estee Lauder’s queen of communications, Alexandra Trower, looking regal in royal blue
12. Scott Marden of Compass Partners
14. Hearst high honcho David Carey with an equally well-heeled fellow
17. Restauranteur Penny Trenk, partner at Tribeca Grill and other city hot spots
18. Toni Goodale and Sarah Simms-Rosenthal – In case you hadn’t heard, Toni is a force of nature when it comes to fundraising. She helms her own management firm and has run capital campaigns for a host of high-powered institutions and organizations including her alma mater, Smith, as well as Brown, Middlebury and F.I.T. We’re impressed.
20. Cindy Lewis and yours truly
23. Babis Ziogis
24. Bill Wreaks
27. Allen & Company’s Steven Greenberg
Please send comments and corrections to DCLEHANE at AOL dot COM and LUNCH at MEDIABISTRO dot COM.
- Elizabeth Vargas, Harold Ford and the Latest on The Matrix Awards
- Woody Johnson, Jared Kushner and a Haute New Hollywood Handbag Designer
- A Conversation with Robert De Niro's Film Archivist | New Dish on Gone With The Wind
- David Zaslav, John Sykes, Susan Spencer and the Dish on What Bill Clinton Did Last Night