Now, Lowe Campbell Ewald has officially opened its new downtown Detroit headquarters, after 36 years in Warren, Michigan. The relocation is something of a homecoming for the agency, which spent 67 years in the city following its formation in 1911. The new office is located in the original J.J. Hudson Co. warehouse at Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions. Lowe Campbell Ewald’s new 122,000 square foot space retains the classic “industrial look of the 1920s-era warehouse, leaving duct work and concrete columns exposed.” The space features 100 meeting pods and collaboration spaces, as well as “a three-story LED video wall (the first of its kind in Detroit) and sustainable solutions throughout.”
Over 500 employees will be relocating to the new headquarters, which marks the latest in a series of shakeups for the agency. The past six months have seen the announcement of new leadership, an alignment with Lowe and Partners, and the addition of a New York office, along with considerable new business with clients such as Atkins, LifeLock, Western Governors University, the Detroit Lions and University of Michigan.
“This is a transformative moment for Lowe Campbell Ewald,” said recently-appointed Lowe Campbell Ewald CEO Jim Palmer (not to be confused with Orioles Hall of Fame pitcher/The Money Store spokesperson Jim Palmer). “Detroit is attracting creative and entrepreneurial talent from all corners of the globe, and we want to be part of that movement…Lowe Campbell Ewald was founded in Detroit nearly 103 years ago – it’s great to be back home and contribute to the city’s revitalization.”