HootSuite, one of the most popular Twitter dashboards, is expanding in a big way. The company just announced its new App Directory, a platform for third-parties to integrate their existing apps (or build custom ones) into HootSuite.
The first wave of big-name apps to hit the directory include YouTube, Flickr, Tumblr and Get Satisfaction.
The creation of an App Directory means that HootSuite users will now have the chance to connect with even more social networks than before, and access features that HootSuite might not have been able to provide on its own.
HootSuite currently provides its 3 million users the ability to sync up their Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Ping.fm, WordPress, MySpace, Foursquare and mixi accounts in one place on their dashboard.
The App Directory, launched today, expands the number of social networks that users can connect to by four, complete with a variety of features and functionality:
- YouTube: Users will be able to share their YouTube videos with all of their other social networks, search for videos, upload videos, and view and comment on videos right within the HootSuite dash
- Flickr: Users will be able to share their Flickr photos with all of their other social networks, search for photos, upload photos, and view and comment on photos
- Tumblr: Users will be able to share Tumblr posts with all of their other social networks, post to their Tumblelogs, view t heir tumblelogs and view the tumblelogs theiy follow
- Get Satisfaction: Users will be able to share topics with their social networks, view topics in their communities, filter topics and view and post replies to topics
The App Directory is currently only available to Pro and Enterprise users, but will roll out to all users in the near future.
- Apple Still the Coolest Brand, Says Study (While Twitter Falls Out of Top 20)
- Twitpic Will 'Live On' as Mystery Buyer Emerges
- Twitter Updates iPhone App With New Profiles, New Design and iOS 8 Functionality
- Twitter and Facebook Get an 'F' for Women's Rights