Heads up, college students, the unemployed, and those looking to trade their offline desk jobs for a career in social media: Lebron James is hiring an intern for online content development and digital sports marketing.
Here’s the deal with the internship:
What you need in order to be qualified:
- Available at least 10 hours a week
- Strong knowledge of basketball and technology trends
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Familiarity with WordPress, Tumblr, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Must currently attend college or a four-year university (Editor’s note: might be able to convince them even if you’re past the late-teen-acne phase!)
- Resident of Ohio, South Florida, or New York
- Basic knowledge of XHTML/CSS
- Experience in journalism, marketing, or communications
- Basic knowledge of photography or videography
- Spanish fluency (Editor’s note: this one might be harder to fake.)
What you’d be doing:
- Maintaining basketball and technology industry dossiers
- Researching trends and advancements in technology and sports
- Assisting the content development team with LeBronJames.com
- Communicating and interacting with LeBron fans around the world
Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter, and a 500-word writing sample explaining why you’re the perfect fit to opportunities[at]lebronjames.com. The deadline is Tuesday, June 4 at 10 a.m.
Applicants granted interviews must provide documentation showing they are currently enrolled in school.
Editor’s note: Never mind, then.
Have you come across any other interesting social media opportunities for college students recently?
- Social Media Jobs: Tenthwave, Hamilton College, The Woods & Co
- Social Media Jobs: United Nations Foundation, Lionbridge, WellPoint
- Social Media Jobs: genConnect, Style.com, LeadDog Marketing Group
- Social Media Jobs: Syracuse University, Tech Times, AIAA