It’s easy to fall into a rut on Twitter. Tweeting the same sort of thing, day in, day out, until either you become bored or bore your followers.
To perk up your Twitter feed, fight boredom and burnout, and increase engagement, all you need to do is mix up your tweets. Here are some great examples of what you can do to add some spice to your 140-character snippets.
For those of you who want to become influencers or thought leaders in your niche, you’ve got to watch out for a trap: repetition. You think you’re attracting targeted followers by sticking to one or two topics in your tweets, and you are, to an extent. However, if you don’t at least vary the format of your tweets, you’ll quickly bore those targeted followers into unfollowing you.
Whether you’re writing each tweet manually or you’ve set up a tweet schedule, you should be tweeting a variety of types of tweets.
So what can you tweet? Here are 10 examples of tweet variety:
- Poll your followers, and post the results after they respond
- Offer a productivity tip (regardless of your niche, they’ll appreciate it!)
- Share an infographic, podcast or video as opposed to simply linking to text-based articles
- Start a hashtag chat
- Share a cool statistic about your niche or industry
- Tweet Twitter-related news or tips (after all, you and your followers both use the medium)
- Don’t wait for Follow Friday to highlight great followers! Give them some love if they deserve it
- Create a hashtag for and tips that you share, and include it with all related tweets
- Tweet about a favorite TV show or movie, which will show your followers your fun side
- Start tweeting a photo series of life at your office
There are hundreds of different ways you can engage your followers on Twitter. And adding variety doesn’t necessarily mean getting off-track of your main topic: it just means you’ll be more interesting, retweetable and engaging. And that’s a good thing.
What are some of the types of unique tweets you send out to keep your Twitter account from going stale? Let us know in the comments!
- This Week on #Twitter: Email > Social Media, Twitter #1 for Content Marketing, Social 2014
- 10 Ways to Thank Your Followers Before Christmas
- This Week on #Twitter: Social Media Evolution, #Instagram > Twitter, Top 14 Social Metrics
- 7 Types of Engagement That Can Get You More Customers on Twitter