For brands and marketers using social media, whether business to business (B2B) or business to consumer (B2C), it’s essential that careful attention is paid to the timing of the posts and updates that they make in order to reach the widest and most relevant audience, maximizing engagement and conversions.
However, all too often marketers publish when it’s best for them – not their target audience – which can lead to disillusionment with the effectiveness of their social media marketing campaigns, and the conclusion that it is actually ‘all hype’.
So, here’s the big question for brands on Twitter and Facebook: when are your customers most receptive?
This infographic from Argyle Social looks at the science behind social timing.
- B2B marketers can expect better engagement from Twitter on weekdays (+14%) between 9am-7pm (makes sense as your target audience are also at work Monday to Friday during most of those hours)
- B2C marketers can expect better engagement from Facebook on weekends (+32%) during the evenings, likely because a large chunk of their audience doesn’t have Facebook access during office hours Monday through Friday
- However, averages and trends are not a one-size fits all solution for brands – marketers need to form a hypothesis, experiment with their methodology and analyze the results, making adjustments accordingly
- 68% Of Trucking Firms Use Social Media (And Two-Thirds Of Those Are On Twitter) [STUDY]
- Social Media And The Female Shopper: What Brands Need To Know This Holiday Season [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Prepare For The Holiday Surge On Twitter [REPORT]
- Latest Data Suggests Twitter (Not Facebook) Is Now The Young Person's Social Network [STUDY]