Are you using social media to promote your business in 2012?
You’re not alone. More than eight out of ten marketers are now using channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to raise brand awareness, build communities and drive sales, and a full one third of these professionals invest 11 or more hours each and every week into their social marketing efforts.
All of which raises a couple of important questions: where are they targeting these resources, and what are the benefits?
Using data taken from Social Media Examiner’s latest Social Media Marketing Industry Report, which surveyed over 3,800 marketers on how they’re using social media in 2012, World View Editing have produced this infographic, which includes the following key takeways:
- 83 percent of marketers say that social media is important for their business
- 40 percent of marketers want to know how to measure social media ROI
- 30 percent of businesses are outsourcing some portion of their social media marketing (up from 28 percent in 2011)
- More than half of all marketers spend 6 hours or more each week using social media, while a third invest 11 or more hours
- While 70 percent of marketers are looking to learn more about Google+, the top three social networks at the moment are Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, in that order
- Twitter 2014 UK Ad Revenues: £90 Million (Facebook: £531M, Google: £556M) [STUDY]
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube: How Advertisers Are Spending On Social [SURVEY]
- 7 Social Media Marketing Trends For 2014 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Get $50 OFF Social Media Strategy Boot Camp