This year we’ve followed closely how airlines have been using Twitter to provide customer service and make announcements, but what about the other social platforms, such as Facebook and LinkedIn? What about other areas of the travel industry, like hotels and cruise ships?
What about Las Vegas?
This brilliant infographic from Tripl takes a detailed look at the social travel revolution.
- 72% of all social network users access their social networking sites on a daily basis while they are traveling, but it’s all about the WIFI – only 7% use mobile internet
- 69% of all travel companies saw traffic growth from Facebook, compared to 46% from Twitter
- The top 5 airlines have over 2.5 million total Facebook fans
- The king of social media within the travel industry is Southwest Airlines
- Las Vegas has some 445,700 total Facebook Likes from around the world
- The One Thing Your Tweets Are Missing - And 4 Tips For Implementing It
- Have Teenagers Taken Over Vine?
- Is Piggybacking On Breaking News To Promote Your Business Ever Okay? Yep.
- How To Analyze And Organize Your Hashtags For Free [VIDEO]