YouTube continues to reign supreme as the top brand on Twitter, with its close-to 28 million followers enough for sixth place overall amongst all profiles on the micro-blogging social network, and more than seven million ahead of second-placed Instagram amongst brands.
The official @Twitter account is the third most-followed brand on its own social platform, but combined with @twitter_es, the official Spanish Twitter profile, it would rank first overall.
Only one change in placement in the top 10 since our last update, with @cnn leap-frogging @nytimes as the top news brand on Twitter (@cnnbrk, CNN’s breaking news profile, is also in fifth place), and social brands continue to dominate the chart, taking six of the first ten spots, with @Facebook close behind at #11.
The Top 20 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 27,991,069 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 20,009,527)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 19,023,515)
4. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 12,168,549)
5. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 11,814,174)
6. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 10,259,674)
7. TwitPic (@twitpic, 8,968,790)
8. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 8,960,624)
9. CNN (@cnn, 8,758,585)
10. The New York Times (@nytimes, 8,407,710)
11. Facebook (@Facebook, 8,137,665)
12. MTV (@MTV, 8,217,872)
13. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 7,745,348)
14. NBA (@NBA, 7,154,172)
15. ESPN (@espn, 6,522,835)
16. Funny Or Die (@funnyordie, 6,166,681)
17. A Googler (@google, 5,962,192)
18. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 5,925,879)
19. Breaking News (@BreakingNews, 5,729,947)
20. Twitcam (@twitcam, 5,440,130)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- The @MTV #VMAs on Twitter: 12.6 Million Tweets, 138,792 Tweets Per Minute Peak [STATS]
- The Top 25 Mobile Apps (Twitter is 14th, Behind Yahoo Weather) [STATS]
- U.S. Social Commerce - Statistics & Trends [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Who Follows the Most People on Twitter?