In a new comprehensive study, Simply Measured examined some of the world’s top brands and fastest-growing companies to assess their Twitter tactics and determine what marketers can learn from them to help build their own strategy.
The methodology behind the study:
- Simply Measured analyzed the Twitter activity of the Interbrand 100 list during Q4 (October–December) of 2013, and compared it to the activity of the 100 companies on the Forbes 100 Best Small Companies in America
- The team analyzed: 129,300 brand tweets, 12.7 million engagements (@replies, mentions, retweets, and favorites), 47,600 links. amd 52,700 hashtags
78% of Top Brands Post Less Than 4 Tweets Per Day
Top Brands Average 43,000+ Engagements Per Month
Tweets With Pictures Generate the Most Engagement
Links In Tweets Also Drive Engagement
The Top 10 Brands Account for 60% of Engagement
The data from successful brands’ performance on Twitter speaks to the importance of a dedicated presence on the network, with a team devoted to interaction and engagement as well as the crafting of high-quality original content.
Download the full study via Simply Measured.
- American Airlines Responds to 80% of Customer Tweets Within 15 Minutes [STUDY]
- Twitter: Just 5% of Social Logins (Facebook: 55%, Google+: 27%, Yahoo: 11%) [STUDY]
- 55% of Couples Used a Hashtag During Their #Wedding [INFOGRAPHIC]
- More Than 7 in 10 Twitter, Pinterest Shares Are Now Done Via a Mobile Device [STUDY]