@YouTube maintains its position as the top, most-followed brand on Twitter, with its more than 42 million followers placing it well ahead of all other brands, including the official @Twitter profile.
Indeed, @Twitter isn’t even second on its own network – that space has long been reserved for @Instagram, although both remain many millions behind @YouTube. There’s also quite a divide between Twitter’s top three and fourth-placed @cnnbrk. Social media profiles continue to dominate Twitter, accounting for five of the first six spots.
@Vineapp had the biggest gains of any profile on Twitter this month, adding more than one million followers to leap up to 14th place overall amongst brands.
Meanwhile, @Facebook could soon pass @twitter_es, Twitter’s official Spanish-tweeting profile, for fifth, while @realmadrid is making a big charge towards the top 10 following their Champions League victory in May.
The Top 20 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 42,444,323 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 32,962,304)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 30,571,414)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 16,918,604)
5. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 13,881,456)
6. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,736,134)
7. CNN (@cnn, 12,937,276)
8. The New York Times (@nytimes, 11,965,117)
9. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 11,696,323)
10. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,401,532)
11. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 11,227,040)
12. MTV (@MTV, 10,813,229)
13. NBA (@NBA, 10,243,173)
14. Vine (@vineapp, 10,067,734)
15. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 9,957,428)
16. ESPN (@espn, 9,634,637)
17. TwitPic (@twitpic, 8,930,445)
18. Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile, 8,650,686)
19. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 8,486,978)
20. A Googler (@google, 8,479,675)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- Twitter Suspends More Pro-ISIS Accounts
- Twitter Troll Jailed After 'Campaign of Hated' Against Politician
- Russia Demands Twitter, Facebook, Google Comply With Data Storage Law (Or Risk Being Banned)
- Twitter Launching Targeted Ads For Movies