Music megastar Lady Gaga has become the first Twitter user to reach 30 million followers on the network, passing the total late yesterday (Wednesday, October 3rd).
All-told, it took Gaga 125 days to move from 25 to 30 million followers.
Gaga faces increased competition from Justin Bieber for Twitter’s most-followed crown, with Bieber closing the gap from about 2.5 million followers to less than 1.5 million in the last five months.
At the time of writing, Twitter’s 20 most-popular profiles are:
- Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 30,014,947 followers)
- Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 28,593,041)
- Katy Perry (@katyperry, 27,351,033)
- Rihanna (@rihanna, 26,113,385)
- Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 20,853,323)
- Barack Obama (@barackobama, 20,500,381)
- Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 19,249,024)
- Shakira (@shakira, 18,305,605)
- YouTube (@YouTube, 17,630,863)
- Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian, 16,271,146)
- Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj, 14,542,387)
- Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah, 14,137,241)
- Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 14,041,983)
- Ellen Degeneres (@theellenshow, 13,836,954)
- Twitter (@twitter, 13,682,390)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano, 13,570,144)
- Kaka (@kaka, 12,982,767)
- Selena Gomez (@selenagomez, 12,761,095)
- Ashton Kutcher (@aplusk, 12,594,667)
- Eminem (@eminem, 12,400,314)
(Chart credit: Twitter Counter.)
- If You Like Awkward Things, You'll Love Watching Nick Offerman Read Young Female Celebrities' Tweets
- Vines Are Shared 4x More Than Other Videos [VIDEO]
- Celebrities Reading Mean Tweets From Twitter Trolls
- Who Would YOU Like To Stalk On Twitter?