Want to make that next video you’re planning to create for your brand “go viral?” Try cutting it down to six seconds – or multiple six-second slots – and using Vine.
Vines are getting shared four times more than other online videos, with five Vines shared every second on Twitter!
Unruly Media, a place that has been “making your videos famous since 2006″ are pros at working with top brands and their agencies “to predict the emotional impact of their videos and get them watched, tracked and shared across paid, owned and earned media.” So when THESE folks give free advice about marketing videos, you should probably listen.
They just completed a study (using their Vine app) where they collected data from over 10 million Vines during a one-month period and “branded Vines are four times more likely to be shared than branded online videos” AND:
- On average, 5 tweets per second contained a Vine link;
- Weekends are the most popular time to share Vines. In fact, in most cases, they are more popular than all the previous weekdays combined;
- Branded content accounts for 4% of the Top 100 tracked Vines (in comparison, only 1% of content is branded in the Unruly Viral Video Chart Top 100 Most Shared Videos);
- Between 10-11 am EDT is when most Vine activity occurs;
- Out of the 10 million Vines sampled, only 433 had more than 500 tweets, 176 had over 1,000 tweets and just 51 had more than 2,000 tweets;
- The largest number of Vine tweets during the sample period (19,667) was sent on Monday, April 15 at 3-4pm EDT – just after the Boston Marathon explosions;
- The number one Vine tracked over the period had 47,000 tweets, while the 100th most shared Vine video had 1,400 (see link below for top 100).
What are the most popular Vines? Check out their post to see the 100 most tweeted Vines. This is the top one, from Harry Styles of One Direction (yeah, I didn’t know who he was at first either. Whoever said Twitter isn’t ruled by teens, lied.)
(Image from Shutterstock)
- Ellen's Oscar Selfie Is Now A Piece Of Art At Twitter HQ
- George Clooney: I Don't Tweet Because I Like To Have A Drink At Night
- Celebrities And Fans Pay Tribute To Uncle Phil On Twitter
- Justin Bieber Announces Retirement On Christmas Eve Via Twitter