As the East Coast begins to recover from Hurricane Sandy, there is a lot of cleaning up to do. To help you document property damage to your home or car, we’ve put together a list of apps that can come in handy. Below we’ve linked to iOS and Android apps that can help you with either documenting damage, filing claims or simply tracking possessions.
1. Insurance Claims Recorder: “The Insurance Claims Recorder is the premiere method for recording claims interviews both in person and live phone calls. Easily and securely take recorded phone statements; live, in-person recorded statements; record conferences and meetings; and take dictation of contents inventories; field notes; letters and memos. The Insurance Claims Recorder gives the claims professional the ability to attach a claim number (or file name), the insured name, the interviewee name, and relationship to accident with each audio file.”
2. Home Gallery: “With Home Gallery, simply start snapping photos as you move through your rooms and assign the information you choose to each item right on your Android phone. Soon you’ll have a complete, accurate list of all your belongings, including their pictures and receipts. Everything is conveniently stored on your Android phone, and you can easily export with your email the inventory to your computer.”
3. Home Inventory: “Let your Android device help you keep track of all that you own with Home Inventory. This easy-to-use app lets you create and modify an inventory of all the items in your home. Organize your personal property by room, by categories, or by items. Home Inventory lets you take photos to associate with inventory items or choose images from a gallery provided by the app. Helpful for keeping track of your possessions or if you need to make an insurance claim, Home Inventory lets you email your information directly from the app.”
4. Mobile Insurance Tools: “Trusted Choice independent insurance agents represent multiple insurance companies and can offer their clients customized coverage options and valuable advocacy during the claims process. This helpful app provides you with a means to take a home inventory, document an accident or ask an insurance related question like ‘Do I need the rental car insurance?’”
5. ContentsCalc: “The Hiscox Insurance Contents Calculator gives you a comprehensive on-the-go mobile tool allowing you to record the approximate value of your possessions inside and outside your home. It’s often hard to put a figure on what level of insurance you need to cover your home contents. We are constantly acquiring new possessions throughout our lives and the cost of replacing everything we own, as new, is not something we generally stop to think about.”