Yep, ’tis the season for annual year in review “lists.” And though we too find them annoying, we couldn’t help but to create one of our own. So, we give you “Overexposed in ’09″ – 9 news topics that we’d rather see benched for 2010.
9. Michelle’s Magic Garden: Growing organic veggies is super cool in certain circles but we hope news stories about the First Lady’s au natural tomatoes will take a cue from Smith & Hawken and shut down this year.
8. Bo-ring: Sorry Bo, but you’ve become exhausting. We love dogs but the FDOTUS domination during Barbara Walters‘ interview with Michelle Obama pushed us over the edge. Unless Bo knocks up one of Paris Hilton‘s pooches, we don’t want to hear about it next year.
7. The Helen Thomas Diaries: her upcoming book, her anniversary, her birthday, her seat in the WH briefing room. A legend? Yes. But we’ve written her name more times in 2009 than we care to count.
6. Bronzed Boner: No further mention of House Minority Leader John Boehner‘s (R-OH) bronzed bod or the pronunciation of his surname would be most appreciated. We know his last name is not pronounced “Boner” and we’re fully aware of his tendency to tan.
5. Newsertainment: Say what you will about Glenn Beck but we’re over the media frenzy around the Fox News shock jock. Lesson learned – opinion programs blur the line between entertainment and information but covering Beck’s every comment only validates the importance of his “opinions.”
4. Salahi Scams: Not much would surprise us about the Salahi’s at this point. If you’ve done business with them, they probably screwed you. If you’ve spoken to them, they surely lied to you. Oh, Tareq and Michaele…we’ve had fun but it’s time to move on.
The top 3 topics after the jump.
3. Woods’ Goods: If you’ve seen one of Tiger’s skanks, you’ve seen them all. Interviewing any newbie tramps would just be tiring. Plus, DEB, 5-7-9 and Claire’s have already received too much free primetime product placement.
2. Levi’s Johnston: We love a good train wreck as much as the next guy but enough already. We don’t want to hear about Johnston, his potent pistachio, his acting “career,” or his “thoughts” on Sarah Palin. My dog contributes more to society than Levi and he’s yet to appear on any news program. It might be greedy but while you’re at it, we humbly request less coverage of Trig, Track, Bristol, Willow and Piper Palin too.
1. Jipped Journos: Based not on the amount of coverage but by cause and consequence, FishbowlDC would like to see far fewer stories about our shrinking gene pool. We’ve had more than our fill of layoffs, out-of-work journalists and troubled media organizations. While this topic is completely out of our control, we look to 2010 with optimism and hope.
- Today's Most Popular Stories 12.18.13
- In Case You Missed It: Grocery Shopping in DC Just Got Better, Wait No
- Today's Most Popular Stories 12.17.13
- In Case You Missed It: David Brooks is Totally Oblivious