Quote(s) of the Day
C’est Magnifique! D.C. blogger in Paris
“Checked into the exquisite #Sofitel Le Faubourg in #Paris. Newly renovated suites, duplexes by Didier Gomez are just magnificent!” – D.C. blogger Pamela Sorensen, of Pamela’s Punch, in a Thursday tweet.
White House correspondent gets sentimental on metal
“Today is the 23rd anniversary of the release of Appetite for Destruction. Great album, changed my life in any number of ways.”
- The Hill White House correspondent Sam Youngman in a Thursday Facebook update. (Youngman explained, “I really can’t overstate how critical a turning point that tape was for me. Guns and Roses first album. Still [bleeping] rocks. Dude, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine, Mr. Brownstone and so much more. Not bad for an adolescence soundtrack.”)
Robinson’s advice on bullies
“You don’t deal with bullies by running away from them. You deal with them by standing up to them. And sometimes you say enough is enough.”
- MSNBC Contributor and WaPo syndicated Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Gene Robinson on “Countdown with (sub-host) Lawrence O’Donnell.” Robinson was remarking on the Obama Administration’s handling of the USDA’s Shirley Sherrod.
Scribe envisions large man discussing ice cream
“This ice cream expert on NPR sounds like a large man.”
- WaPo’s Aaron Blake, who writes for “The Fix,” in a Thursday tweet. (In explanation, the voice was big and breathy and one that could potentially be heard on an overweight male who eats large amounts of ice cream.)
- Quote of the Day
- Quote of the Day: Greenwald Coming Back to US
- NYT New DC Bureau Chief Carolyn Ryan Looks Around City, Says, 'Hm, Not As Bad As I Thought'
- Barack Obama: Underwood Gets Stuff Done. Alex Burns: False.