Quotes of the Day
Father’s Day Treats: “Cleaning the pot after making rice krispy treats.” — Mr. Norah O’Donnell (i.e. Chef Geoff, husband to CBS Chief White House Correspondent Norah O’Donnell.)
Painting the town brown
“Hi. You mind if I talk to you for just a minute? I just want to say a few words about diarrhea.” — WaPo feature writer Dan Zak.
Important question to ponder: “When did this whole meme thing start?” — NYT‘s Mark Leibovich.
“I love how @morningmika forgot @THEHermanCain’s name on @MorningJoe today. #999 #thepizzadude.” — HuffPost‘s Sara Kenigsberg. MSNBC “Morning Joe” Host Mika Brzezinski reamarked, “I can’t even remember 999′s name” and called him a “clown show.”
Congrats on Challenging Your Guest Howie
And in a twist of irony there’s this…“Ironically, Howard Kurtz interrupts @mattklewis to ask Q’s about ‘decorum’ of asking Q’s” — The Daily Caller‘s Matthew Boyle. And another thing goddamn you Howie, “Hey @HowardKurtz – Why’d you axe segment on #FastandFurious, Eric Holder contempt/resignation calls? Rescheduling?”
Speaking of otherworldly…
“Today is 69th birthday of @newtgingrich, famous media critic and lunar realtor.” — pourmecoffee.
Nose Out of Joint
- “They weren’t kidding about massive rate hike. My @dcwater bill more than doubled since last month.” – Washingtonian‘s Carol Joynt.
- “Hello, motherfucker who took my computer and just went on an iTunes shopping spree. We’re hunting you.” — Wonkette and Salon Contributor Jim Newell.
- “Dear @Expedia…in 3 minutes i will have been on the phone for an hour with your customer service people trying to change a flight. WEAK.” — ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper. Tapper spent the weekend at his Dartmouth college reunion in Hanover, N.H.
- “Rained-on electronics in Brunswick; overheated electronics in Newark. Tough day to type on the trail.” — RealClearPolitics‘ Erin McPike.
Mediaite WH scribe smooches TV host
“Oh, yeah, a Happy Rookie Father’s Day to you, @chrislhayes. Next week, you’ll have a necktie to wear. #uppers” — Mediaite White House Correspondent Tommy Christopher, who moonlights as the Chairman of the I Love Hazy Foundation. Chris Hayes is an overcaffeinated host on MSNBC. Wait, don’t we already have one of those? (cough, cough, Chris Matthews.)
Female journo spots flasher
“Tonight’s PSA by Nikki – there was definitely a flasher outside @thehamiltondc. ‘Ladies be careful,’ he said before showing his youknowwhat.” — The Washington Examiner‘s Nikki Schwab.
Convo Between Two Journos
“It’s hard work, but that’s what we’re here to do.” – NBC Washington cameraman Jim Long with accompanying photograph from Los Cabos, Mexico, where President Obama is traveling today.
Convo Between Two Journos II
Politico‘s Ben White: “We just met and this is crazy, but if you play that song again I’ll shoot you in the face for sure.”
Politico‘s Jonathan Allen: “Ben, things that aren’t crazy include giving phone # to someone you just met. Been happening since phones invented #dumblyrics”
Self-Appointed Media Critic
“Truly stupid NYT article on Anna Wintour by Jeremy Peters, makes you want to kill yourself. Why do we bother, if this is what can be written.” — Vanity Fair Contributor Michael Wolff. Read the story here.
Peter Ogburn contributed to this report.
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor
- FishbowlDC Has Nothing to Do With This Ridiculous New Show
- FBDC's Most Popular Stories of 2013
- This Day in FishbowlDC History