Quotes Of The Day
Journo braves Air India Airport Lounge
“Some Russians just showed up at the Air India lounge: one mullet, two neon wife-beaters and a huge cloud of eau de something.” — Former D.C. journo for The Hill Peter Savodnik, now a freelance writer based in New York.
Necessary Tweet of the Day
“Had a very realistic, nightmarish dream.” — Greenwire‘s Jessica Estepa.
Congresswoman never had heart attack?
“Former Rep. Diane Watson is moderating the AKA #boule2012 town hall. Contrary to reports in March, she said she didn’t suffer a heart attack.” — CNN and Washington Watch’s Roland Martin over the weekend. Every pub from the LAT to the Sacramento Bee reported news of her heart attack and recovery from the health issue. The LAT appeared to hear the news straight from the horse’s mouth. She told a reporter in a telephone interview, “I’m feeling good. I just came from my doctor, and there is no damage to the heart.” She added that doctors were monitoring her for possible blood clot problems.Watson retired from Congress in 2011.
Baier Vomit: Twitter Help Desk
Travel Complaint Desk…
Politico’s Ginger Gibson, who was traveling today, faced what she dubbed were “ridiculous” delays at the Delta and United gates of Reagan National Airport.
1. Starting today’s outing with the longest TSA line I’ve ever seen at DCA. Totally ridiculous. What is going on??? 2. Glad I came to the airport early to get food. Too bad I won’t actually be able to eat now. 3. Well, at least the woman who was rudely yelling at the airline employees to tag her bag is now way behind me in line. #karma. 4. Well, at least the woman who was rudely yelling at the airline employees to tag her bag is now way behind me in line. #karma 5. Once on board, Gibson had more complaints. “Ugh. A two and a half hour flight with no onboard wifi or television. How did people fly cross country before inflight wifi?”
Spotted: Current TV’s David Shuster dining al fresco with a woman Friday night at Levante’s, a Mediterranean restaurant off Dupont Circle. She was believed to be attractive and thin with long hair (I’ve implored Eddie to get more details next time).
Peter Ogburn and Eddie Scarry contributed to this report.
- FishbowlDC Top 5 Stories of the Week
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor
- FishbowlDC Has Nothing to Do With This Ridiculous New Show
- FBDC's Most Popular Stories of 2013