Quotes of the Day
“It’s so hard to talk these days.” — FNC’s Greta Van Susteren in reaction to V.P. Joe Biden‘s “gaffe” yesterday.
“He’s gotta recognize that he’s gonna be double teamed. Jim Lehrer is part of the cultural left so Mitt is going to have to communicate past Lehrer and past Obama to reach the American people.” — Fmr. Presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on FNC last night.
Not enough black journos on air tonight?
“@rolandsmartin we need a black room twitter debate team tonight since none of us will be on AIR–get some #WashingtonWatch peeps together.” — Preacher Sophia Nelson of theGrio.com, Essence and USA Today.
In the category of bright ideas…
“Today, I think I’ll work on a column giving Mitt Romney some advice because I want people to know how smart I am.” — DoubleThink‘s J.P. Freire.
Journo in-fighting between two guys named Alex
Speaking of that video…
- “Impressive in dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks category: Hannity calling non-news Obama ’07 Hampton video ‘a bombshell abt to be dropped’ on WH race” — CNBC and NYT‘s John Harwood.
- “If Obama haters think I’m going to expend a ton of energy on this issue, they are nuts. This amounts to nothing.” — CNN Contributor and Washington Watch host Roland Martin.
- “Oh lawd.. someone send me a link to TEH VIDEEOOHH!!” — Michelle Ray, Social Media Director at Conservative Daily News. It’s here.
- “Why are liberals so shocked that Fox News, Drudge, and Tucker Carlson practice racist demagoguery? Like being shocked sky is blue.” — David Zirin, Sports Editor at The Nation.
And Breitbart.com editor blesses Drudge, rips MSM
“Squirm, corrupt media, squirm! #GodBlessDrudge” — Breitbart.com’s John Nolte.
Mitt Romney’s Lunch: The Nasty Aftermath
“Can someone please interview the Chipotle worker? I can’t stop giggling. I want to know everything about him.” — National Journal’s Elahe Izadi.
“Romney’s Chipotle order: burrito bowl, pork, rice, black beans, guac, salsa (per pool report)” — HuffPost’s Amanda Terkel.
Important Q to Ponder: “Seriously, why the fuck are people tweeting Romney’s lunch? Who gives a shit?” — Daily Kos’ Markos Moulitsas.
“Per pool, Romney is having Chipotle for lunch. He and Sen. Portman both had pork burrito bowls with guacamole.” — The Atlantic‘s Molly Ball.
“Sort of depressing to drive around KC and see a liquor store named after Harry Truman.” — Slate‘s Dave Weigel.
Optimism is…“We’re ALL gonna lose in Nov no matter who wins!” — Reason mag’s Nick Gillespie.
“Oh good. HuffPost Live will also be live-streaming debates. This brings the total number of news outlets covering the debates to everyone.” — TVNewser‘s Alex Weprin.
“People who break embargoes, that’s that shit I don’t like.” — Wired‘s Spencer Ackerman.
Necessary Tweet of the Day
“Fuck man I totally feel for a free Southwest Airline ticket voucher spambot thing on facebook fuck fuck fuck.” — InTheseTimes labor journo Mike Elk.
Convo Between Two Journos: MEOW
The Daily Caller‘s TV reporter Jeff Poor writes, “Question: Why is @BuzzFeed working so hard to get to the smoking gun in this video? You guys can’t wait until 9 pm? Go have dinner… Relax.” To which Politico‘s Shermanator (Jake Sherman) replies, “Yep, you mustve. when someone says publicly they have something that will make news, if u dont chase it, u should find a new job.”
ABC’s Walter involuntary spams followers
“Hello Tweeps. I am not DMing you about some sort of “bad stuff” written about you. It’s spam/hacking.” — ABC’s Amy Walter.
Peter Ogburn and Eddie Scarry contributed to this report.
- The Bachelor DC: Season 2
- Jon Stewart Stopped by the Newseum to Show Off His Debut Film
- FishbowlDC Top 5 Stories of the Week
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor