Quotes of the Day
GETTING CHUMMY: “Scandal” star Kerry Washington and HBO Host Bill Maher. Washington appeared on the”Real Time With Bill Maher” panel this weekend.
“So, I’m thinking Code Pink x Taliban = a Clitorrorist” — Breitbart.com‘s office misogynist Dan Riehl.
Honey Boo Boo to WHCD?
Self-appointed Media Critic
“Stephanopoulos refused to control roundtable so cons message couldn’t get out. Krugman lies. Melee begins. George allows. A tactic.” — Breitbart.com editor John Nolte regarding Sunday’s “This Week” with George Stephanopoulos. Among the guests was NYT columnist Paul Krugman.
Dicking Around With John Dickerson
“M.C. Socket Wrench never really had the rap career his parents expected.” — CBS Political Director John Dickerson.
Legal shit is going down.
“The other Jen Rubin account makes me look like a pitiful shill who has completely lost all contact with reality. I am taking legal action.” — Not WaPo‘s “Right Turn” blogger Fake Jennifer Rubin. CORRECTION: This could help the real Rubin’s case. We were fooled by the fake Rubin. This tweet is actually by parody Rubin, not the real WaPo writer. We’ve corrected the above to reflect reality.
Pimples, wrinkles and a receding hairline. Oh my!
“30s… That awkward age when you start noticing more wrinkles and a receding hairline, but still manage to produce pimples.” — ABC7′s Mike Conneen.
“Enjoying a weekend without our kids. Up randomly throughout the night as the kid in the room next door screams her head off.” — CNN and RedState.com Editor-in-Chief Erick Erickson.
“Woman ahead of me at Hair Cuttery says she’s 102. Tells stylist she wants a ‘new look.’ (Talk about pressure!)” — WaPo Book World Editor Ron Charles.
A WH Correspondent can dream, can’t he?
“1. Peace on Earth 2. Goodwill toward men 3. Stronger urine flow #uppers” — Mediaite White House Correspondent Tommy Christopher, apparently thinking about urinating while watching MSNBC’s “Up With Chris Hayes.” Funny, we always think about urinating when watching that show.
Free Advertising for Chef Geoff
“Hey @chefgeoffs, the Chesapeake Stew at Rockville site made birthday boy (my dad) very very happy! Cc:@NorahODonnell” — Yahoo! News’ Olivier Knox, who has previously and profusely praised Cheff Geoff’s restaurant. Come on, Geoff, free meal for Olivier or what?
Stupid stuff we couldn’t care less about
- “On flight from Philly to laguardia, flight attendant notes that ‘this is a short 19-minute flight’” — Politico‘s Shermanator Jake Sherman, who was apparently affected by the altitude before writing this tweet. That, or else, he came straight from a Phish concert.
- “Just heard Carol Burnett tell my friend Guy Raz ‘Thanks for inviting me.’ The true greats have class like that.” — NPR’s Scott Simon. Saying “thanks” isn’t beyond the pale, for stars or trained monkeys.
Peter Ogburn and Eddie Scarry contributed to this report.
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor
- FishbowlDC Has Nothing to Do With This Ridiculous New Show
- FBDC's Most Popular Stories of 2013
- This Day in FishbowlDC History