Quotes of the Day
“To live my life in a kind of metaphorical fishbowl, it’s pretty challenging, yeah.” — Madonna on NBC’s “Rock Center” last night.
A Question to Ponder…“So isn’t castrating a dog worse than tying a it to your roof for a couple of hours? #askingforafriend” — BuzzFeed Political Editor Ben Smith.
Uh oh! Tschida’s pooch takes a leak in the house
“pup pees in house. supposed to praise profusely when he goes outside. so pick him up say LOVE YOU smother him with kisses. get weird looks.” — ABC7 reporter Stephen Tschida.
Deep Thoughts With Lachlan Markay
“It’s so cute when people complain about how dysfunctional DC is then insist on giving it more power.” — Heritage Foundation’s Lachlan Markay.
CNN reporter endures DC DMV
“Covering presidential politics, White House, global issues – cakewalk compared to dealing with DC DMV.” — CNN’s Jessica Yellin.
Politico‘s Roger Simon: Resident Tough Guy
“Wife just killed a centipede. Thank God for wives.” — Roger Simon.
USA Today travel writer deals with dopey cab driver; BuzzFeed reporter chokes on a pretzel
“Oh cab driver, that’s my arm u just slammed your trunk door on. Hope this is not an indication of what’s to come on this trip #travelfail” — Nancy Trejos.
“Started to choke slightly on a pretzel, tried to wash down with diet coke, spilled diet coke over hair, shirt, pants.” — BuzzFeed’s Rosie Gray.
Washington reacts to Dick Clark’s death
- “Dick Clark’s fabulous makeup artist is now available.” – James McTague, Washington Editor of Barron’s.
- “I move we cancel New Year’s Eve this year.” — Reuters‘ Sam Youngman.
- “He made us feel as young and vibrant and optimistic as he was.” — President Obama.
- “Condolences to the family of Dick Clark. We join them in mourning his passing, & will never forget his achievements in entertainment & music.” — Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio).
- “#DickClark taught me & so many others to dance to the beat of the music. God bless his teenage spirit. Every Saturday morning after cartoons.” — Democratic pundit Donna Brazile.
- “America’s oldest teenager has died. Dick Clark passed away at age 82. The phrase ‘good beat- easy to dance to’ keeps running through my head.” — NPR’s Michele Norris.
“You see, Smith will have his staff go on and on about elevators and a dog named Seamus–but not a dog named Dinner.” — Breitbart.com’s John Nolte in a story claiming that BuzzFeed‘s Smith shills for Obama — i.e. he’ll cover the Mitt Romney dog on a roof flap, but not Obama growing up eating dog, as reported by The Daily Caller.
“Now officially hate the jaunty NPR ‘Hey there, Ari’ reporter intro. My friend H called this sort of thing ‘hearty hack.’ I blame @kairyssdal” — The Daily Caller‘s Mickey Kaus referring to NPR White House Correspondent Ari Shapiro.
Peter Ogburn contributed to this report.
- FishbowlDC Top 5 Stories of the Week
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor
- FishbowlDC Has Nothing to Do With This Ridiculous New Show
- FBDC's Most Popular Stories of 2013