Quotes of the Day
“Smoke was coming out of my phone yesterday.” — NBC “TODAY” Show’s Savannah Guthrie on announcing her engagement to Michael Feldman Monday.
Editor wants to prank house sitter
“Friend stayed @ our house while we were away. Thinking of removing all furniture & taking photos, telling him, ‘You forgot to lock the door!’” — WaPo Book World Editor Ron Charles.
Postcard to DOJ
“Dear DOJ: my email password is “GoScrewYourselves’” — Daily Beast Contributor Justin Green in reaction to news that DOJ secretly obtained phone records of AP reporters and editors.
Important Q to Ponder: “Can’t we just ban talking points altogether? Or would that just confuse everyone?” – NYT‘s Mark Leibovich, who has a book coming out this summer that isn’t worrying anyone (wink wink).
Journo followed strange source rules
“In Belfast, had source who wouldn’t let me call or email. Ever. I had to go to house, but not park o/side. Got to know his wife & kids well.” — Toby Harnden, Washington Bureau Chief of The Sunday Times.
The Fashion Hound
“No one on television has better ties than Brian Williams. (And that’s what really counts.)” — Politico‘s Roger Simon.
WORST HEADLINE OF THE WEEK
By HuffPost‘s Jason Linkins
- “Someone walking n th bldg behind me who asked wt floor I live on last time. If they do it again I’m running down th hall yelling STRANGER!” — Editor of The DC Pundit Javonni Brustow.
- “Have never been this terrified of the sound of an approaching ice cream truck. Got the feeling it’s secretly a black helicopter.” — Justin Green.
Words to live by or casting call for Bad Girls Club?
“I love bad bitches.” — Meghan McCain.
World crumbles as reporter’s TV show is not on and, by far, the strangest news of the day concerning a Politico reporter.
He’s got WHAT?
“In other major news, I have a sunburn on my eyelid.” — Politico White House Correspondent Byron Tau.
The audacity of “How I Met Your Mother”
“Goddamn you, How I Met Your Mother. It’s not happening tonight and I hate you and why do I even have expectations anymore?” — Greenwire‘s Jessica Estepa.
Politico Playbook Publish Time: 8:16 a.m.
- The Bachelor DC: Season 2
- Jon Stewart Stopped by the Newseum to Show Off His Debut Film
- FishbowlDC Top 5 Stories of the Week
- Nick Massella Named FishbowlDC Editor