• CBS “60 Minutes” correspondent Steve Kroft will be honored with the Trumpeter Award at the National Consumer League’s annual gala at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill tonight.
• Washingtonian‘s 18 “Most Stylish”- including DC media types Michelle Jaconi, Christina Sevilla and Richard Wolffe- were toasted for their fashion sense by the mag at Liasion last night. In attendance: CNN’s Sam Feist, Tom Toles, Tim Burger, Josh Meyer, Amy Holmes, Jay Newton Smalls and Abby Livingston. Wolffe didn’t actually make it out, but DC’s “Real Housewives” were there… who on the rumored cast was included on the list? Check out Washingtonian‘s coverage here.
• Barry Levinson‘s “Polliwood” has been picked up by Showtime, set to premiere November 2nd. The film explores the “collision and collusion between politics and Hollywood” and features a number of actors who have been in town for DC dinners and White House visits, including Anne Hathaway, Sting, Tim Daly, Kerry Washington, Dana Delany and Rachael Leigh Cook.
- Mediabistro Morning Roundup - 7.30.14
- Wednesday Morning Splash
- Afternoon Lede Check - 7.29.14
- ICYMI: C-SPAN Adds Paywall, Laura Ingraham Considering Political Bid