Michael Jackson‘s memorial service is tomorrow at the Staples Center in LA. Here’s how the nets and cable will cover the service, via TVNewser:
• ABC: Charlie Gibson will anchor live coverage “Remembering Michael Jackson” at 1pmET, joined by “Nightline” anchor Martin Bashir. Some updates: Diane Sawyer, in NY, and Barbara Walters, at the Staples Center, will co-anchor a special edition of “20/20″ at 9pmET. Sawyer and Elizabeth Vargas will also co-anchor “Primetime: Family Secrets,” a report on Michael Jackson’s children at 10pmET. Cynthia McFadden will also anchor “Nightline” from the Staples Center.
• CBS: Maggie Rodriguez and Harry Smith will anchor the “Early Show” from the Staples Center tomorrow. Katie Couric will anchor special coverage of the memorial at 1pmET and the CBS “Evening News” from the Staples Center. Couric will also do “48 Hours” at 10pmET.
• NBC/MSNBC: NBC will televise the memorial service at 1pmET, anchored by Brian Williams. Chris Jansing will anchor MSNBC’s live coverage. Meredith Vieira will broadcast live tomorrow at the Staples Center for “Today” and Williams will anchor “Nightly News” from LA Tuesday.
• CNN: Anderson Cooper, Larry King, Don Lemon and Soledad O’Brien will host coverage live from LA, with Campbell Brown and Roland Martin anchoring live from New York, starting at NoonET on CNN and simulcast on CNN International.
• Fox: Shepard Smith will anchor live coverage of the memorial service on Fox News starting at 1pmET. Megyn Kelly will anchor live coverage of the memorial on FOX broadcast also beginning at 1pmET. Greta Van Susteren will also be in LA on Tuesday, and will host her show from there Tuesday night.
- So Long to CNN's 'Crossfire'
- Mika Brzezinski's Reaction to NYPost's Palin-Brawl Article is a Must See
- Sen. John McCain Challenges Jay Carney for Debut as CNN Political Commentator
- Jay Carney to Join CNN as Political Commentator