The 2012 Gerald Loeb Award finalists have been announced. The awards celebrate excellence in business and financial journalism. Along with the news, Jerry Seib, Deputy Managing Editor and Washington Bureau Chief of The Wall Street Journal was given the Lifetime Achievement Award and Winnie O’Kelley, Deputy Business Editor at The New York Times, received the Lawrence Minard Editor Award.
Here are the finalists for the Large Newspaper and Magazine categories. For the rest, click here.
- Ken Bensinger for “Wheels of Fortune” in Los Angeles Times
- David Kocieniewski for “But Nobody Pays That…” in The New York Times
- Marcus Walker, Charles Forelle, Stacy Meichtry, Matthew Karnitschnig, David Enrich, Brian Blackstone and David Gauthier-Villars for “European Disunion” in The Wall Street Journal
- Brody Mullins, Susan Pulliam, Steve Eder, Michael Rothfeld, Jenny Strasburg and Vanessa O’Connell for “Inside Track” in The Wall Street Journal
- The New Yorker Snubbed at National Magazine Awards
- New York's Hurricane Sandy Cover is ASME's Magazine Cover of The Year
- Sigma Delta Chi Awards Announced
- 2013 Mirror Awards Finalists Named