For those of you worried about the fortunes of the very rich, breathe a sigh of relief. After hobbling along with depleted salaries during the economic recession, The Wrap is reporting that the “same executives who made a big show of cutting their paychecks during tough times have huddled at the trough once more.”
Here is what the top brass took home:
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman more than doubled his take home pay for a total compensation of $84.5 million. Wow!
- Dauman’s boss Sumner Redstone actually earned less than he did, taking home the paltry sum of $15 million, poor guy.
- News Corp shares may be stagnant but not Rupert Murdoch‘s salary! His paycheck increased from $22.2 million to $22.7 million.
- And despite helming the runaway train that is Fox News, Roger Ailes actually took a significant pay cut, from $22.1 million to $13.9 million.
- Arianna Huffington: 'I'm 64-Years-Old and I've Never Had Plastic Surgery'
- Harper's Publisher Doesn't Mind 'Weblogs,' Still Hates Internet
- Mark Aldam, President of Hearst Newspapers on the Future of Print
- CNN Reporter is Sorry for Getting Drunk and Biting People