The September issues for magazines are a big deal, and so they typically try and land a big name for the covers. But seeing as movie stars haven’t helped move magazines lately, who will we see when the September glossies hit the newsstand? Let’s review some of the big players, via WWD’s thorough report on the subject:
- T: The New York Times Style Magazine – Rooney Mara
- Vogue – Jennifer Lawrence
- Elle – Kate Upton
- Glamour – Jennifer Aniston
- Seventeen – Lily Collins
- Marie Claire - Zooey Deschanel
- Cosmo - Nina Dobrev
- Lucky – Blake Lively
- Allure – Jennifer Garner
- Town & Country - Lauren Bush Lauren and Claire Courtin-Clarins
Only three magazines are putting movie stars on their covers, which seems to indicate they’re still fading. But as we’ve said, don’t shed a tear for them, they’re doing okay.
Oh, and if you had to Google Nina Dobrev, congrats, you’re old just like us.
- Time Inc. Labor Negotiations Break Down [Updated]
- Reader's Digest to Cut Publishing Frequency
- Amy Keller Laird Named Editor-in-Chief of Women's Health
- Fortune Lists 50 'Most Powerful Women in Business'