In case you were wondering why everyone is getting fired at Condé Nast and not Hearst Publications, here’s a hint: Yesterday we found out that the latter might have $1 bill in their bank account, while today we know that Si Newhouse‘s publications lost a combined 8,359 ad pages from their monthly magazines in 2009.
Read on for a break down of some of the numbers
By the numbers:
- Architectural Digest lost a combined 49 percent.
- W magazine went down 46 percent.
- Details is down 39 percent overall, but compared to the same time last year, this December’s issue is actually down 59 percent (Architectural Digest had the exact same ratio for their December vs. December issue).
- Wired went down 39 percent.
A Big Drop in Ad Pages for Condé Nast –New York Times
Previously: More Trouble At Condé: September Ad Pages Drop
- Meredith Buys and Folds Parenting and Babytalk
- Bloomberg News Editor on Spying: 'The Error is Inexcusable'
- Bloomberg News Reporters Caught Spying on Goldman Sachs Workers
- News Corp.'s 21st Century Fox Gets a Logo