There was much talk heating up the Internet following Pia Toscano’s surprise exit on American Idol. Outraged, many New Yorkers (Pia is from Howard Beach, N.Y.) said they would no longer watch the show–or at least not for the remainder of this season.
But, no matter. The latest Nielsen ratings are out and they feature the first Idol figures since Toscano left the show.
The Fox powerhouse took hold of the top two positions, actually bettering its own recent performances. Dancing With The Stars had been a consistent number two since returning.
For the number one showing Wednesday night, Idol estimated 1.8 million Fox 5/WNYW viewers with a 9.0 rating. As for the elimination show, it had 1.6 million with a 7.9.
Then came Dancing, in third place for Monday’s night performance (1.5 million/7.7) and fourth with 1.3 million WABC viewers and a 6.5 rating.
The rest of the Top 10 after the jump.
Rounding out the Top 10
- Fifth NCIS WCBS (1.1 million/5.6)
- *Sixth 60 Minutes WCBS (888,000/4.4)
- Sixth The Good Wife WCBS (884,000/4.4)
- Eighth NCIS: L.A. WCBS (862,000/4.3)
- Ninth Modern Family WABC (706,000/3.5)
- *Tenth Eva Luna Univision (689,000/3.4)
- Tenth Hawaii Five-0 WCBS (681,000/3.4)
WNBC’s highest entry was at number 12 with Celebrity Apprentice (669,000/3.3).
The Yankees/Rangers game Sunday night on ESPN was 16th (626,000/3.1).